Tilbrook Shawl Pattern - Knit
Tilbrook is a crescent shaped shawl that is knit using two skeins of Merino Dream Fingering weight yarn. It features beaded Snow Drop Lace and Stripes with Twisted Bars Lace, separated by a lateral braid and short row shaping.
The sample shawl was knit with a stocking stitch body; the pattern includes instructions for a garter stitch body, if you prefer.
Size: Appx. 64" wingspan x 24-1/2" from top to bottom center after blocking
Skill Level: Experienced
You should feel comfortable with the following techniques/stitches:
- Short rows
- Working with beads
- Cast on at beginning of the row
- knit/purl, k2tog, k3tog, yarn over, ssk, slipped stitches, psso, knit back loop
You will need:
- US Size 6 36" or longer circular needle
- 7 oz (200 gr) / 980 yds (896 m) of fingering weight yarn (2 skeins Merino Dream)
- Yarn needle for weaving in ends.
- 236 Size 6 beads
- No. 8 (0.90 mm) steel crochet hook for placing beads
- Blocking mat, wires/pins, wool wash or gentle soap - you can pin your project out onto the floor or a bed, or anywhere it won't be disturbed while drying if you don't have mats.
This pattern is written and also includes charts for the lace portions of the shawl.
Once your order has been processed, you will receive an email with a link to download the pattern. If you do not get a download link, or it doesn't work, email firstname.lastname@example.org and the pattern will be sent to you.
If you ordered yarn for this pattern, it will be packaged and mailed out within 3-5 business days.