Annaliese Shawl Pattern - Knit
This crescent shaped shawl is knit using just one skein of my Silk Camel fingering weight yarn. The lace edging is knit first, then you will pick up along the edge to work the main body of the shawl. You can find a video of the lace edging here.
You should feel comfortable using the techniques listed below to knit this shawl.
Skill Level: Intermediate
- Short row shaping
- Pick up and knit
- I-Cord bind off
- Knit/Knit 2 together/Knit 2 together through back loop/Knit 3 together
- Purl/Purl 2 together
- Slip, Slip, Knit
- Yarn Overs - Single/Double/Beginning of row
- Slip and pass stitches over
Approximately 46" across top and 19" from top to center bottom after blocking
- US Size 10.5 circular/straight needle – Straight needle may be used for the edging, and the circular needle is recommended to accommodate the stitches for the main body of the shawl.
- 1 skein Sapphires-n-Purls Silk Camel Fingering (70% Silk/30% Camel – 4 oz (115 gr)/378 yds (345 m)
- Yarn needle for weaving in ends
- Wool wash/gentle soap (optional)
- Blocking Materials:
- T-Pins, blocking mat and wires. Blocking mat and/or wires aren’t necessary, you can pin your shawl out onto a spare bed or even the floor. Any place where the shawl won’t be disturbed by curious pets or little ones will work just as well as a blocking mat.
After check out, you will receive an email with a link to download the pattern. If you do not receive the email, or the link isn't working, send an email to email@example.com and I will send a copy of the pattern to you.